4.24.2010

U is for United States of America

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America,
 and to the republic for which it stands,
one nation under God, indivisible,
 with liberty and Jello for all.

I found this & I thought it was neat! We tried to make a Jello mold last night . . .we get pretty crazy around here on Friday nights;)
 this morning we went to see how it turned out . . .
You win some & you lose some- clearly I dead lost this one:(
This was my first attempt at a Jello mold- What did I do wrong?!?

 Oh well any other ideas of what I could do with this mold-Besides sell it???

_________________________________________________


2 Things I wanted to mention real quick about my last 2 posts:
1st- I had this when I was little too!!! I was so excited when I saw it- Anne Elizabeth you are right they don't make toys like they use too:)

2nd- I got a couple of questions via email asking if Scott was a love interest? Dear Lord NO! He is gay . . . just kidding he is straight . . . but definitely NOT more then friends NEVER have been NEVER will be. He is a friend  & I admire his work ethic . . . I have always enjoyed a good rags-to-riches story. However he is Jewish (I am not saying anything bad about Jewish people- I LOVE them:)  -but he does not believe in Jesus. Yes, Scott  has a lot of treasures here . . . but I could care less about that.
I am interested in meeting someone (one day) who is more worried about his treasures somewhere else:)

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

One more thing-
This is what is going on in my lap right now . . . .
OH-kittens!

11 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Iloved this and the pictures were good. Indeed "U" is for the United
States of America.

Takw care.
Yvonne,

Anne Elizabeth said...

That last picture of the kittens is SO cute. I know nothing about jello molds. lol

Lisa said...

Maybe if you sprayed the mold with Pam or something first, it might work?

Good for you girl! Keep holding out for the one God has picked out for you. You won't be sorry. He will definitely bless your obedience!

Love, love, love the kitties. They are soooooooooooo precious!

Missie said...

I had that toy too!
And man do I want to snuggle with those kittens!

Wanda said...

Oh I remember my neighbor had one of those toys. Hadn't seen that in a long time. Better luck next time on the mold.

Unknown said...

The pictures are all great. Especially the kittens. They look very cute. Too bad the jello mold didn't come out well. But, at least you guys had a good time making it.

Happy Sunday...:)

Linda said...

Good blog! As to the jello mold - I have made lots of jello molds. The Wednesday night church group I used to cook for loved the old fashioned jello salads. I think the US map mold is too big. It is hard to pop out something that flat and wide. Just one word: eBay.

Anne Thompson said...

Love that verse! Oh and I got my first 2 pieces of Pyrex last weekend! Yaay!

Sarah said...

It's not too big! Just add a little of that gelatin powder stuff and it should be fine!

ana @ i made it so said...

oh dear, what happened?? i had to laugh at your intro paragraph.. "with liberty and jello for all" hehe.

it's nice to meet you stacey, thanks for sharing.

(i've had many similar fails, most of which is documented on the blog too.. gotta laugh right? :)).. .

ana

p.s. i love that little garage too!

Cheryl said...

I just found your blog when I Googled United States Jell-o molds. I have a recipe that will work in your mold. (I have one just like it!!) I tried to make Jell-o in it the first time using the regular recipe for Jell-o and I failed, too. You need to follow my recipe! come visit my blog today :)