4.15.2010

M is for Makeover



 With my ~growing~ love for sewing, I am accumulating a lot of fabric & accessories! Recently I've been looking for a place to keep all my new supplies.  A couple of weeks ago I was over a family members house & they were about to throw this away...so I asked if I could keep it?!?
As you can see it was in need of a serious makeover...
1st I scrubbed it clean
Then I put a coat of gripper on it . . .


I gave all the hardware a shiny new coat of silver paint


Then I lined each drawer & organized my supplies:)

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Gosh - that looks beautiful! You are soooo creative!

Unknown said...

I didn't know you could do that to filing cabinets! I have one in my basement. I guess I never thought about it, but your's is so cute now. Thanks for sharing.

Arlee Bird said...

Wow-- nice job. Good way to recycle into the decor.

I'm going to mention your blog in my post for Fri 4/16
Lee
Blogging From A to Z April Challenge

Missie said...

Super cute and what a good idea! I am getting into sewing a lot too and really need to find someplace in my house so I can do more without moving things around all the time!

Abigail Leigh said...

I love this so much....

Skooks said...

Love it Love it Love it. Definitely going to do something like this to my file cabinet. I also got it second hand and it needs a facelift!