11.02.2010

Pizzelles

 I found this vintage Pizzelle maker at an estate sale...
 I couldn't wait to try it! I found an easy recipe- nothing fancy. This was my first time making pizzelles so I wanted to stick with a simple yet yummy recipe.


-Beat eggs & sugar
-Add cooled melted butter & vanilla and anise
-Sift flour and baking powder & add to egg mixture

Batter will be stiff enough to be dropped by spoon.
Makes 30 pizzelles.
We had fun testing the maker out-
Josh sprinkled them with powdered sugar:)
Have a great Tuesday!

I just watched this for the first time . . .so sad:( ... &weird

4 comments:

Anne Elizabeth said...

Love pizzelles! My mom used to make them all the time when I was a kid. She had an old pizelle maker that you used on the stove top.

aubrey said...

Oh I love, love pizzelles! Especially anice-flavored ones. My aunt makes them for holidays usually, but I am going to have to keep an eye out for a pizelle maker.

Tia Colleen said...

What the heck is a pizzelle?! I was looking through my King Arther baking catalog today, and there was a pizzelle maker in there too.

...I live in a cave.

mrs. origami said...

those pizzelles look great! i have always wanted a pizzelle maker..hope to find one soon! :)